5 things ages 40+ should know in 2013
Here are the 5 things we youngins would like you experienced beings to learn in 2013 so we don’t have to help you in 2014.
1. Learn to use Google (or heck, even Bing if it will get you to know how to use a search engine)
2. When you click ‘Save as’ or ‘Download’, pay attention to WHERE you are saving it.
3. Learn what the term ‘Web Browser’ means, pick a favorite, and stick to it, and keep it up to date. (Internet Explorer 8 and below do NOT count)
4. Clean off your desktop! No, not your physical desk that your computer monitor sits on, I mean that first screen that shows all your documents from the last 5 years that you have been saving things to to the point where you can’t see the background of your family anymore. Put those documents in folders, get organized.
5. Never, EVER, forward an e-mail chain. If it is worth sharing, post a link on a social network of your choosing, that is what those are for now.
There are so many more things, but if you just focus on these 5, we can have a great year!